Today I want to show you my favorite legume salad recipe. It contains a lot of healthy stuff like vitamins, minerals, dietary fibres and good proteins. No matter if you are vegetarian, vegan or "normal" eater (whatever "normal" is...), this salad provides you with huge quantities of healthy ingredients that support both, your health and your muscles. Those of you who wonder that I, as a big fan of low carb nutrition, recommend lentils, which are high in carbs, should take a look at my article about the glycamic load (lentils have an acceptable glycamic load in my point of view).
Let's start with the tasty part...
Ingredients for approx. 4 servings:
- 12.3 oz. (approx. 350g) red lentils, dry
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bell peppers (red and/or green)
- 1 red onion
- 2 scallions (spring onions)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2-3 tsp. cumin
- Wash the peppers and cut them into small cubes.
- Meanwhile wash the lentils properly and add them to the pan. Let it braise lightly for some more minutes.